22-Jun-17: Boar’s Head Sports Club are proud to announce a major expansion to McArthur Squash Centre that will add five additional courts (for a total of 14) in time for WM2018!
[divider style=”solid” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]
McArthur Squash Center at Boar’s Head Sports Club
at a glance:
- Eight ASB System 100 International Singles Courts
- One ASB Four-Wall-Glass Feature Court
- Two ASB Hardball Doubles Courts
- LEED Certified Structure
- Total capacity for 1,000 spectators
- Stadium seating with capacity for 375 spectators
- Integrated A/V system with HD broadcasting capacity
- Five courts with on-demand video playback
- Tournament management system designed in partnership with US Squash
- Network of 15 hi def court-side monitors
- Dedicated UVa team locker rooms
- Member and visiting team locker rooms
- Coach’s office
- Team meeting/conference room
[box type=”success” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]
Every now and then you walk into a place and just go ‘Whoa this is cool!
Honestly McArthur Squash Center at Boar’s Head Sports Club goes way beyond that. At MSC a lot of thought went into the design before the first wheelbarrow of concrete was poured. The venue is divided into 3 pods, with four glass courts near the entrance, the all-glass show court in the middle, and another set of four courts, as well as two doubles courts, positioned at the end of the building.
The mezzanines and varying floor levels are wonderful. Natural light from high windows could have been a problem for the center court but a massive black curtain can be drawn around three sides of the court too. To add polish, the columns are wrapped in wood giving the place a warmth that just doesn’t exist in new places.
Jay Prince, Editor, US Squash Magazine